Skin and diet
I recently heard about glutathione supplement benefits for the body entirely, I would really like to know if it is beneficial in all round problem of skin and which is the best glutathione tablet to be bought. Plz do reply..I really need to get rid of my skin ailments including its color.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. The scientific evidence for a strong support for usage of glutathione injection is not convincing, however oral formulations can be tried. Oral glutathione is increasingly being used but alone it may not produce the desired results and need to be supplemented with other measures. These tablets do not have any major side effects though any medication can have unexpected complications. These are off label practice and depend on the experience and comfort of the treating physician. The overall support of the same is weak at the moment based on medical literature. A good skin care regimen comprises 4 steps - cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sunblock. Based on your skin type, a dermatologist will recommend you appropriate products.
Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.
You can see a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan