Glutathione

Hi Can any one suggest me the about glutathione injections or any better to get fair skin. Also tell me the side effects of glutathione injections.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. The scientific evidence for a strong support for usage of glutathione injection is not convincing, however oral formulations can be tried. Oral glutathione is increasingly being used but alone it may not produce the desired results and need to be supplemented with other measures. These tablets do not have any major side effects though any medication can have unexpected complications. These are off label practice and depend on the experience and comfort of the treating physician. The overall support of the same is weak at the moment based on medical literature. A good skin care regimen comprises 4 steps - cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sunblock. Based on your skin type, a dermatologist will recommend you appropriate products.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.