Skin allergy
My Mom is facing this problem of skin allergy. Whenever she goes out or do some work these come out all over the body including in head, palms. This has been from a year and now this problem intensified. She says the itching is severe during night times in sleep and due to itching that part of body hardens. She had consulted some dermatologists but of little use to her. She is literally suffering with severe itching everyday. Can someone suggest what to do, whom to consult and what may the reason ?
51 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Rajdeep
Dermatologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹400 for 24 hrs

Your mom may need a biopsy and some blood tests to make an accurate diagnosis. Discuss this option with your dermatologist or take a second opinion from another one near you. External factors like sunlight and heat can aggreveate some allergies. A biopsy will indicate the kind of reaction occuring in the skin and sometimes can diagnose the condition. A blood check up for blood cell counts, hemoglobin, thyroid disease, liver disease and kidney disease will rule out internal problems. Some diseases will respond well if diagnosed early and treated. Also ask your doctor to give some medicines for symptomatic relief for the itching. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?