Skin Allergy

H Doctor, for the past 3 weeks I am having a skin allergy which is very new to me. It started with my arms and now spread all over the body. It lasts only for 7-8 hrs (suddenly appearing/disappearing) everyday, but the itching is beyond tolerable. I am taking Cetrizine hydrochloride. Couldn't see much effect. Which speciality doctor should I consult. Until this one I am not allergic to any food items or insect bites(eg: peanuts, mushroom,etc)

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin Allergy

Thanks for the query. Based on your description it appears that you have a form of skin condition called Urticaria. My suggestion is to meet a qualified Dermatologist for confirmation of the diagnosis and an appropriate approach. You can consider taking OTC anti-allergic medications till then. Urticaria is known for recurrences, so discuss the management issues with the Dermatologist Regards Dr MK Agarwala