Side effects of peciphire

My daugter doesn't sleep without peciphire in her mouth. If not given, she cries and searches for it. I can see her front lip getting lifted because I think the underlying front teeth are chaning its shape. I am worried that this unwanted change in her face might impact her beauty. Are there known cases where peciphire has changed shapes of teeth? How can I get her rid of peciphire habit?
views-icons 67 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Mohammad Imran Khan
Dentist 9 yrs exp Lucknow
Hi yes pacifier is addictive and causes proclination of dentition..and other swallowing pattern changes...best is visit ur dentist for best advice best of luck feel free to ask ne further queries
Dr. Nilofer Hossain
Dentist 9 yrs exp Kolkata
Yes using a pacifier for a prolonged period of time not only causes change in the dentition but if it's sweetened or dipped in honey can cause early childhood caries. Try and stop this habit, detract the child to something else. Please visit a Pediatric Dentist to tell you what changes already have occurred and the remedy.