Side effect of Regestrone
I have been prescribed Regestrone for 21 days by my gynae for delaying my periods. Though he said there will not be much irregularity afterwards, he did not mention any side effects during the course of the medication. Could you tell me what to expect?

Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde
Gynecologist 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Dear Ma'am, Progestrogens are common hormones given to delay or cause withdrawal bleeding in women with an irregular menstrual cycle. Side effects of regesterone include: Nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness,  mood swings. Irregularity in the next cycle.( Early or delayed) However,  these effects are temporary and patient becomes better once the medication is stopped. I hope I was able to resolve your concerns. Regards, Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde