Shoulder round movement

I am a 23 yr old student of iit kharagpur and i also play cricket. Around 3-4 yrs back while bowling i got pain in my right shoulder while doing up round movement and still it does. I went to a doctor at that time he simply suggested for phisiotherapy and i did the same. I had some session of that & my pain got vanish but whenever i did that moment with a force it came back so i stopped bowling but from last sometime i bowl in between for a while and it pains. I didnt take this too serious till now. I went to a orthopedist in iit. He recommended for an x ray and mri. He didn't talk to me in lenient way. I want you to explain me what should i do exactly? I hope this is curable. I am 23 only and now i am worrying about it. Hoping for a quick and positive reply.

Doctor Answers (2) on Shoulder round movement

Dr. Rajesh Gayakwad Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
I agree with Aditya . Do get an X ray and MRI.
Dr. Aditya Soral Jaipur | Joint Replacement Surgeon
hi! sportsmen who are throwing athletes like bowlers can injure their shoulder. most commonly there is fraying of the soft tissue ring( labrum) around the socket ( glenoid) of the shoulder joint. These are called SLAP tears. Your orthopedic surgeon has given you the correct advice and you should get an xray and mri. If you do have a SLAP tear and physiotherapy does not work (high possibility) then you will require an arthroscopic repair ( key hole surgery). regards, Aditya