Shoulder round movement

I am a 23 yr old student of iit kharagpur and i also play cricket. Around 3-4 yrs back while bowling i got pain in my right shoulder while doing up round movement and still it does. I went to a doctor at that time he simply suggested for phisiotherapy and i did the same. I had some session of that & my pain got vanish but whenever i did that moment with a force it came back so i stopped bowling but from last sometime i bowl in between for a while and it pains. I didnt take this too serious till now. I went to a orthopedist in iit. He recommended for an x ray and mri. He didn't talk to me in lenient way. I want you to explain me what should i do exactly? I hope this is curable. I am 23 only and now i am worrying about it. Hoping for a quick and positive reply.

Dr. Rajesh Gayakwad
Orthopedic Surgeon 7 yrs exp Mumbai
I agree with Aditya . Do get an X ray and MRI.
Dr. Aditya Soral
Joint Replacement Surgeon 11 yrs exp Jaipur
hi! sportsmen who are throwing athletes like bowlers can injure their shoulder. most commonly there is fraying of the soft tissue ring( labrum) around the socket ( glenoid) of the shoulder joint. These are called SLAP tears. Your orthopedic surgeon has given you the correct advice and you should get an xray and mri. If you do have a SLAP tear and physiotherapy does not work (high possibility) then you will require an arthroscopic repair ( key hole surgery). regards, Aditya