Shoulder pain
My mother (diabetic) suffered shoulder (frozen) pain since long time which was felt on nmoving hand extreme up or backward physiotherapy sessions did not seem to help even a bit Later end of last year she got her operation done which included heavy twisting/exercise of hand to free muscles but again the pain started

Dr. Ravi Nayak
Joint Replacement Surgeon 11 yrs exp Mumbai
Your mother has frozen shoulder which is responsible for progressive stiffness of the shoulder. It is treated with physiotherapy for a long time. However, if the range of motion does not improve, then manipulation under general anaesthesia(MUGA) is done to break adhesions in the shoulder followed by physiotherapy again. I guess your mother is at this stage. Even after MUGA, if movements do not improve, then she may need release of adhesions in the shoulder by surgery. This is done by arthroscopy (keyhole surgery) nowadays. For further information, you can look up www.BoneJointSurgeon.com