Shoulder pain

My mother (diabetic) suffered shoulder (frozen) pain since long time which was felt on nmoving hand extreme up or backward

physiotherapy sessions did not seem to help even a bit

Later end of last year she got her operation done which included heavy twisting/exercise of hand to free muscles but again the pain started

Doctor Answers (1) on Shoulder pain

Dr. Ravi Nayak Mumbai | Joint Replacement Surgeon
Your mother has frozen shoulder which is responsible for progressive stiffness of the shoulder.
It is treated with physiotherapy for a long time. However, if the range of motion does not improve, then manipulation under general anaesthesia(MUGA) is done to break adhesions in the shoulder followed by physiotherapy again. I guess your mother is at this stage.
Even after MUGA, if movements do not improve, then she may need release of adhesions in the shoulder by surgery. This is done by arthroscopy (keyhole surgery) nowadays. For further information, you can look up www.BoneJointSurgeon.com