Shoulder pain

After swimming for few weeks, I felt pain in my right shoulder and stopped swimming to get some rest. But pain is increasing and I can't move my arm in a particular direction freely as it pains. There is no swelling in the shoulder. What can I do for it and whom to refer orthopedic or physiotherapist?

Doctor Answers (4) on Shoulder pain

Clinical Physiotherapist
A sports physiotherapist would be perfect for you. Shoulder impingement is common in swimmers. It gives difficulty in overhead activities also. You might need soft tissue release around your shoulder and strengthening of your shoulder blade muscles as well. An orthopaedic can help with medications in case your pain is really unbearable.
Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Tk physiotherapy treatment for 7 days
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Hot Fomentation. Gentle Shoulder Stretching. Core Strengthening Exercises. Gentle Neck Exercises. Avoid sleeping on affected side.. Warm up and cool down is a must.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..... If there is mild pain ,it could be due to inflammation at joint ,it will subside on its own.. You better consult orthopedic surgeon.. X ray is ordered by doctor... If there is need for physiotherapy doctor will suggest you... Or else you can manage with pain killers.