chest-icon

Shortness of Breathing

Hi,i have been facing difficulties while breathing since last few months,it starts n gets ok on its own but as the prob was consistent since a week with throat pain i went to a general physician,he pescribed Grilinctus-BM,Monticope,Cifran 500 and some Pan 40 and have asked to take them for ten days but after using it for three days,my throat pain is gone but still the breathing trouble is there.This problem has suddenly increased in last 2-3 months...i have had faced a little breathing trouble before aswell but since it got ok in a day or two i ignored it.Moreover i used to smoke before but due to this i have stopped smoking since a month still no improvement.Am i allergic to something?how to find out the causes for this?

Dr. Pankaj K Bang
Pulmonologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

You are allergic to something unknown as per your history and your previous viral infection has lead to increase in the symptoms. Smoking is also not good in your case.
Dr. Amruth Sindhu
Pulmonologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi. I understand your concerns. it's better to get a chest x ray done. If it's normal you will need to undergo pulmonary function test which is needed for diagnosis and also to assess severity of bronchitis based on which treatemnt can be started. if you are from bangalore you can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura. Details are given in practo. Hope your questions were answered. thanks.