Short duration of periods

Since last 3 to 4 years I only have my periods for 3 days insted of 5 days which I used to have earlier. I have had a normal delivery and am a mother of 2 year old healthy kid. Is something I need to worry about?

Doctor Answers (3) on Short duration of periods

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
The cycle can change after child birth . If u r bleeding for 3 days it's fine and not Theroux worry. If I r bleeding for more than 7 days then I need treatment
Dr. Sachin Dalal Mumbai | Gynecologist
As you age, there will be reduction in duration of bleeding during menses.
Don't worry about it. It's due to hormonal changes.

Dr Sachin Dalal
Madhu Hospital
Bhandup West
Mumbai
9833032120

Thank you for your question.
Most women experience a variation in their period duration and heaviness off and on during their reproductive years. This is normal. Many life events can affect your hormonal balance which is reflected in your period frequency and duration. Stress, medication, weight gain or loss, eating habits all affect how your ovary responds.
As long as your periods are regular and you bleed at least two days you need not worry. But if you are worried or concerned because they have changed abruptly or do not return to normal over 3-6 months you may see a gynaecologist who can examine you and do some tests if necessary. Generally it is better to feel reassured and be checked out than worry by yourself.
best wishes