Sharp pain in forehead
Hi Docs, I'm a working professional who sits around 8-9 hours infront of the computer. My left eye power is -.75 and right eye is -1.25. From past 4-5 days I've been experiencing a sharp shooting pain (for 1-2mins) at left bottom side of my forehead. Its happening mostly after the sunset and disappears in morning. Please let me know the possible causes and suggest what medication i should go for. Thanks.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello Prolonged working on laptop/TV/mobile can cause computer vision syndrome. Computer vision syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer or other display device for, uninterrupted periods of time. Some symptoms of cvs include a. Headaches b blurred vision c. Neck pain d redness in the eyes e. Eye strain f dry eyes sometimes watery eyes these symptoms can be further aggravated by improper lighting conditions. Measures to reduce this include 1. Work under proper light. 2. Blink a lot. 3. Cold compresses 4. Use good lubricating eyedrop
Dr. Vishal Arora
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 8 yrs exp Gurgaon

The symptoms are typical of digital eye strain or computer vision syndrome. The preventive aspects that one can follow are 1. Remember 20-20 rule : 20 minutes of work, 20 seconds break from the screen 2. Make sure you blink properly while working. Lack of blinking leads to dryness in the eye that can induce symptoms 3. Wear right glass prescription: its advisable to get cyclorefraction done and wear correct glasses 4. Start with lubricants for the eye