Sex erection

My penis gets always erect and i get excited when its erect and i masturbate will effect my health? Is this erection safe

Doctor Answers (1) on Sex erection

Thank you for your question.
The penis becomes erect following inflow of blood. This is caused by a feeling of arousal that triggers the opening of blood vessels in the penis. If the sensation is perceived as pleasant the desire for repeated arousal happens again and again. In young men such as yourself it is not uncommon to have arousal, erection, orgasm in quick succession. When you are young the time required to get another erection can be as short as a few seconds. As you get older this interval grows longer.
As long as you are not in pain or discomfort when you masturbate it should be OK. Sometimes you may have to distract your self or ignore the erection as masturbating several times a day is non productive. It won't harm you but you won't get much else done.
So to summarise, your problem is unlikely to cause long term issues, masturbating is healthy. If you are in pain or have a discharge or bleeding you need to consult your doctor for further advice.
best wishes