Sex During Pregnancy

Hello Doctor! My wife is 29 years old and recently we got to know that she is going to a mom soon. I need to know if we can have sex during her pregnancy and if yes then till which month it is safe to have sex without effecting her and baby's health. I also need to know if we need to use condoms during sex while she is pregnant. If the sperm goes inside does it cause any issues for the baby or mom.

Dr. Mandira Singh
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 30 yrs exp Hyderabad

sex is contraindicated in first 3 months and last 3 months of pregnancy. the middle 3 months are considered safe
Harisha N L

As long as your pregnancy is proceeding normally, you can have sex as often as you like...Your developing baby is protected by the amniotic fluid in your uterus, as well as the strong muscles of the uterus itself. Sexual activity won't affect your baby...if you or your partner has an active or recently diagnosed sexually transmitted infection avoid sexual intercourse... And it is adviced to avoid sex during last trimester as there are chances of preterm labour... Good luck.
Dr. Diviya Arun
Infertility Specialist 8 yrs exp Chennai
Sex during pregnancy Is defenitely not a contradiction unless told to b avoided by ur doc fur some certain reason . Sperms do not bother d ongoing pregnancy rather there s a school of thought which says d fluid from d ejaculate actually softens d cervix n makes it ready to open up during labour . It wil b ideal to consult ur docs n make sure dat der s no contraindication lik low lying placenta or any risk factor for preterm labour .