Sex during period
I have sex during my period without condom. Now I'm feeling nervous if any infection problem creat then what i have to do now. Plz help me first time it happens to me & I don't no is it safe or not.

Dr. Radhakrishnan nair
Gynecologist 27 yrs exp Ernakulam

Intercourse during menstrual days is preferably avoided in view of infections ,especially without condoms. The cervix is partially open for the menustrual blood to come out and it is easy for the pathogens to ascend up. Personal hygiene during intercourse is very imp. Now you need not worry if no smelling discharges ,or itching around vagina and burning urination. If so better to consult a gynaecologist.