Severe Throat infection
Have been having a sore throat for sometime now (a week). I took antibiotics for 2 days (given by a doctor) and it was healed but its coming back again after 2 days of no antibiotics along with a severe migraine headache. The first time the throat pain was severe and I also had a headache and slight fever at night. Left eye was red, painful and swollen. I have been gargling as instructed and not consuming anything cold or sour. Please help.

Hello well first thing is that antibiotic course should be taken for at least 3 or 5 days and not for 2 days only after taking the proper course we can decide whether it has worked or not... I would suggest you to continue the anti inflammatory drugs given by the doctor and also continue other important things like gargling with salt water or using betadine and also avoiding very hot , sour, spicy food items
meet an Ent specialist...thank you
Vimal Kumar
General Physician Chennai
Dear friend, You seem to have an associated eye infection. Pls continue the antibiotics for 5 days and also use ciplox D eye drops 4 times daily. Give hot fomentation to the eye. Avoid rubbing the eyes and avoid contact with other people especially children as they might get infected as well. Use salt water gargling to alleviate throat pain.If your vision deteriorates pls consult an ophthalmologist asap. Hope this helps. regards