Severe stomach pain

Severe stomach and back pain during my periods every month, i have consulted many doctors and done with ultrasound scanning also , no problem was found in reports. Some tablets are given , but my pain is not being reduced . i m really fedup with this pain , please suggest me what to do.
views-icons 19 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe stomach pain

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Dysmenorrhea refers to the symptom of painful menstruation. It can be divided into 2 broad categories: primary (occurring in the absence of pelvic pathology) and secondary (resulting from identifiable organic diseases).
The following risk factors are associated with more severe episodes of dysmenorrhea: Earlier age at menarche, Long menstrual periods, Heavy menstrual flow, Smoking, Positive family history.
With the use of NSAIDs, the prognosis for primary dysmenorrhea is excellent. The prognosis for secondary dysmenorrhea varies, depending on the underlying disease process. If a diagnosis of secondary dysmenorrhea is missed, the underlying pathology may lead to increased morbidity, including difficulty conceiving.
Kindly consult gynecologist for further evaluation...