Severe Stomach Pain
Hi, My father got severe stomach pain few days ago. When consulted he was diagnosed for Pancreatitis. He seems to be fine post that. Query: 1. Doctor said there is no cure for Pancreatitis and he should take medicine life long. 2. Doctor found BPH problem in him. Prostate in his body has enlarged and he should go through a surgery. But my father doesn't have symptoms of BPH. Request advise. Thank you.
47 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Navya G
General Physician Bangalore
Hi there.. pancreas is endocrine gland in our body which secretes many hormones like insulin and enzymes necessary for digestion.. pancreatitis is inflammation of pancreas caused by alcohol or infection or stone in pancreatic duct.. treatment includes medical management by keeping nil orally for few days to allow the inflammation to settle down and not give the gland work til it recovers and intravenous fluids and antibiotics given.. if the pancreas s damaged totally then there won't be hormone production that means no insulin and other hormones then you have take al those supplements.. Bph ie benign prostatic hyperplasia is condition where there is enlargement of prostate gland.. this is normally seen in al elderly.. symptoms include frequent urination initially later urgency but difficulty in passing urine completely leading to retention of urine.. until patient is symptomatic and there is significant amount of post void residual urine there is no need of surgery.. if patient symptomatic then initially medications like include Selective α1blockers like doxazosin, terazosin, alfuzosin ,tamsulosin and silodosin. 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor finasteride and dutasteride atte given and if it's enlarged a lot then surgery like TURP, TUIP, TUMT, TUNA.. hope this helped you..
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.