Severe migraine headache

I've severe migraine. Doctors I've been to have prescribed medicines and when taken they show result. But I'm essentially looking for permanent solution. Please suggest me if there is at all permanent solution to this and if so, be kind enough to suggest me the way.

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe migraine headache

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
For permanent treatment you should consult neurologist here I will give you simple home remedies...Self-care measures can help ease the pain of a migraine headache. Relaxation may help ease the pain of a migraine headache.
Relaxation techniques may include progressive muscle relaxation, meditation or yoga. Get an adequate amount of sleep each night. It's best to go to bed and wake up at regular times, as well. If possible, rest in a dark, quiet room when you feel a headache coming on. Place an ice pack wrapped in a cloth on the back of your neck and apply gentle pressure to painful areas on your scalp.Continue keeping your headache diary even after you see your doctor. It will help you learn more about what triggers your migraines and what treatment is most effective.