Severe headache

From past 5-6 yrs I m having this headache... It is more in occipital region and usually start as retroorbital pain...it's severe and throbbing type, gets worse by movement, talking nd excess loud noise nd bright light is not tolerated and gets releived after sleeping for long . no associated nausea vomiting or fever...my eyesight is normal. I want to know the diagnosis

Harisha N L

Your symptoms are suggestive of occipital neuralgia..but with out clinical examination its difficult to diagnose...symptoms of occipital neuralgia are Aching, burning, and throbbing pain that typically starts at the base of the head and radiates to the scalp..Pain on one or both sides of the head..Pain behind the eye...Sensitivity to light...Tender scalp...Pain when moving the neck...Consult nearest neuro physician they will do the needful.