Severe hair loss

I am facing extensive hair loss. I have been on finasteride and minoxidil for more than 5 months but there is no improvement. My condition has worsened. I am also shedding a lot more hair on my left side than on my right (including the back side of my head). What should I do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe hair loss

The hair cycle normally consists of growing, resting and falling hairs and there is a delicate balance between these stages of hair cycle. Normally hair should re-grow but if it is not happening, you should consider seeing a dermatologist. Further information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss The treatment is correct and most patients start showing improvement by this time. A few patients take longer. You can wait for another 2 months, If not, it is time to reconsider the diagnosis.
Start on biotin supplements and food rich in iron content. Use a milder shampoo and consider frequent shampooing and conditioning.
You can consult me on Practo Direct platform for personal recommendations.