Severe Hair fall

Hi Mam, Hair loss- I am facing this problem for the last 7 years but from the last 3.5 years when I moved to Mumbai my hairs have fallen to a great extent. My diet is good and I take proper care of my health. Still I am suffering from Hair loss. I have lost majority of my hairs from the Frontal and top portions. My father has the same issue but his hairs lost after 40 years of age and I am facing tis problem from the last 7 years. My hairs have become very thin and I find them very unhealthy, previously I used to had very beautiful and bouncy hairs. Please help me with this so that I can regain my asset back. I have heard of many solutions but I firmly believe in Ayurveda as it does not have any side effects.

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe Hair fall

Hi. I am an Allopathic dermatologist. You may be suffering from early onset androgenetic alopecia. Does your father or brother or maternal uncles have balding? This could genetically predispose you to balding. Further environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair further. You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. Yes your hair density can be restored if you take timely treatment and care of your hair. For dandruff you'll need an antifungal shampoo. See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance in this regard. Warm regards.