Severe cough and phlegm

Sir, I have been suffering from cough and phlegm for nearly 1 year, and i have been under medication for 6 months. The consulted doctor have conducted lot of tests like chest x-ray, phlegm test and blood test and finally he told that i am suffering from 'lungs allergy' and he suggested prescription for 6 months but no complete cure.Hence i am kindly requesting you sir that please tell me, what is lungs allergy ? Is it curable or not ?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

The information you have provided is minimum to answer any questions. I understand your situation and recommend that you see a qualified pulmonologist for better understanding. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your doctor will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.   Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala New Delhi