Cough problem

Im have cough problem. I have been suffering this for 2weeks. I don't want to go to hospital and try many medicines. I tried some natural treatments. But don't get a releaf from it. So is their any home treatment to stop cough? Please help me , thanks

Dr. Shilpa Nayak
Pediatrician 12 yrs exp Mumbai

honey is the only scientifically proven home remeady to reduce cough.if your cough is caused by a viral infection cough it will take approximate 2 to 3 wks to subside so please wait.but if this cough allergy related than you have to visit a doctor to get rid of it.Meanwhile I would adviseyou S IgE level. you can try naturopathy treatment Jal neti
Dr. Padmanabhan SR
General Surgeon 14 yrs exp Chennai
If you have only dry cough, it could be post viral. If mild cough home remedy like tulsi syrup is enough. But if you have cough with sputum production then its already two weeks so its advisable to take appropriate antibiotics. If still persisting have to consult your doctor