Serum creatine is 1.7

Serum creatine increased from 1.6 to 2.2, taking food without salt it is reduced to 1.7. What medicines to be taken for reducing creatine upto 1.3. I am also diabetic patient. HbA1C is 8.2. BP is under control. I am using insulin Human mixtaard 35 units morning and 25 night. Suggest me medicine for kidney and diabetic

Doctor Answers (1) on Serum creatine is 1.7

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. I can understand your worry.. creatinine is measure of kidney function.. since you have diabetes and hypertension, both of which affects kidney if not controlled properly.. hba1c of 8.2 is not good control.. it's has to be below 7 then only it's good control.. have small frequent meals instead of three big meals, have more fibre rich diet, have green leafy vegetables, in fruits have guava, orange, avoid sapota, papaya, apple, banana.. reduce carbohydrates and fats.. for kidney disease, reduce salt intake and have low protein intake.. consult dietician for complete diet plan..