Septic Arthritis in Knee

I'm suffering from Bacterial Joint Inflammation (Septic Arthritis) in knee. I've been taking following medicines since 10 mar 2016. Cefuroxime 250mg, Deflazacort 6mg , Restoheel (Trypsin Chymotripsin and Acceclofenac & Paracitamol). Now I'm feeling well but not completely, sometimes I feel severe pain in knee and then I'm unable to move the joint. I was advised for CRP, RH Factor, ANA and S. Uric Acid tests. All the test reports were normal excluding CRP. My CRP level was 196 on 11 mar 2016. I want to know that how many days I should take these medcines and what are the further steps I should take.
views-icons 36 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Septic Arthritis in Knee

Dr. Chirag Dalal Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
I don't understand why you need to take steroids in septic arthritis. Have you got mri or knee aspiration done which suggests septic arthritis.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there we understand your feeling and your condition But it is sad that you had to face these in such young age. But do not worry there is cure for everything. It will heal but it takes its time because it is related to joint any condition related to joint and bones will take more than 3 months to heal. Event after it is healed you need to.take certain precaution.like avoiding weight lifting, running, walking on hard surfaces. You need to use.cushionised shoes. The medications you're on are very effective one's so keep continuing the medication until the doctor wants you too. Thank you