Sensorineural hearing los
Had dengue August 15th 2016 -19th 2016 Had a sudden clogged feeling and lost hearing on 7th September 2016 Went to an ENT, he suggested nothing much and gave a vitamin tablet. Was not satisfied as I knew it was more than that. Visited another ENT, he diagnosed SNHL on 12th of September 2016. He prescribed steroid 30mg(2*5 days).. 12mg((2*5 days)...12mg(1*5days). Didnt work much... Then visited again... Had an audiometry done... One ear 40decibl(good ear) and 72decibl (bad ear, right) Now they say nothing can be done other than wait... Kindly suggest me if I should seek for more medical advice or leave it on God.

Dr. D.Vidyasagar
Rhinologist 12 yrs exp Hyderabad

Intratympanic steroids can help you better. We give steroid injection into the ear drum and from there the amount of steroid absorbed into the inner ear is more than compared to oral steroids. Four doses with a gap of four days between each dose should help you! We have given to many people with same problem and results are encouraging!