Sensitivity in teeth
Doctor Answers (2) on Sensitivity in teeth
it is better you get a check up done with dentist at the earliest
mean time you can use de sensitizing tooth paste to combat sensitivity this is only a symptomatic relief ,only a thorough clinical evaluation by dentist would give a proper solution to your problem
- Tooth grinding
- Acidic beverages (such as soda) that cause enamel erosion and dentin exposure.
- Brushing with a very abrasive toothpaste, brushing incorrectly and/or brushing more than three times a day could result in a loss of enamel.
- A chipped or fractured tooth may expose the dentin.
here are few steps to avoid sensitivity of teeth:
- Practice good oral hygiene.
- Use a sensitivity toothpaste like Sensodyne.
- Don't brush too hard.
- Use a softer toothbrush.
- Take care while consuming acidic foods.
- Use fluoridated dental products.
- Avoid grinding your teeth.
- See your dentist regularly for professional tooth cleaning, dental care recommendations and advice on treating your sensitive teeth.