Sensitivity
I am having sensitivity on my tooth whenevr I drink chill water or hot coffee. But I don't have any cavity on my tooth when I last visited my dentist. Can you please tell me what may be the reason behind this sensitivity and also how can I get rid of it.. Thanks in advance

Dr. Varun Bharat Bhatia
Periodontist 9 yrs exp Thane

Hello, The sensitivity u mention could be due to your abrasion i.e wearing down of your tooth structure or your gums going down. This could either be due to aggressive tooth brushing or due to tartar deposits on teeth. It would be good to visit your dentist who will check and let you know the exact cause for it. Also there might be cavity between your teeth which not be visible to you. So best to get a checkup done. You can also try using sensitivity toothpaste. Hope it answers your query.