SEEING GAMES WHILE SLEEP

I play a adventure game whenever I'm free in a day. I play the same game most of the time in my mobile phone. While Im about to sleep I see the game(auto played) the characters are moving automatically.I see the character loses the game again & again by falling in fire. It is not letting me sleep at least for half an hour.Is is so disturbing only when I'm about to sleep. Is something wrong? Should I stop playing the game? Or is it normal?

Doctor Answers (3) on SEEING GAMES WHILE SLEEP

Jankhana Hakani Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hello,
Too much of screen time including playing video games disturbs the normal body rhythm. It keeps your mind activated for a long time.
So u need to reduce the time spent playing video games.
Follow SLEEP HYGIENE, which includes the following
1. Try following a regular sleep and wake up time.
2. Don't watch ur phone or TV or any other distractions 1 hour before sleep. Involve yourself in other hobbies or activities.
3. Reduce caffeine intake or energy drinks.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Before winding to the bed for a sleep it is recommended  that our mind is not alert at least for an hour or so.
What do you expect will happen in your sleep other than you had experienced by your act.!!!
If u hv other issues like Attention Seeking or Loneliness  do consult a Clinical  Psychologist in ur city and have a clarity to overcome all those issues in you.
Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
Sleep is a complex psycho-physiological phenomenon. Many things influences the quality, quantity and even the natural pattern of sleep. Particularly video games can affect in various ways like cognitively, if mind gets preoccupied with it, this can lead to ruminations during sleep. It can even have a direct stimulating effect on sleep architecture. Behavioral changes can happen too and biological clock can get affected too. You got to stop or significantly cut down on the duration of gaming. Get into good lifestyle choices like sleep hygiene, healthy eating, yoga, meditation, relaxation etc. Read my blog about sleep hygiene on www.mindcarebangalore.com