Seborrheic dermatitis

I had been suffering from rashes around nose from 2 years. My skin feels tight and dry, doesnt flake, and is darker in the affected area . I have used many anti fungal creams and tablets, but they are of no use. I also used various topical steroids, Emusone M, Sebifin plus and Desonide lotion so far, but they provide releif temporarily. My current doctor suspects that it is seborrheic dermatitis. I had been taking the treatment for 5 months, used ITSASPOR-200, ISOTROIN 10mg, SEBIFIN PLUS CREAM, but my condition is not getting cured. What are the other skin conditions that can be doubted with these symptoms? Are there any lab tests to pinpoint the cause of the rash?

Doctor Answers (1) on Seborrheic dermatitis

Greetings. I feel that you have been reasonably treated for possible diagnosis and reasonably correct treatment has been given to you. The other possibility is allergic contact dermatitis to some cream or air borne contact dermatitis or even photosensitive rash.Air borne contact dermatitis may occur due to Parthenium, etc. See a qualified dermatologist near you. Further queries may be sent in follow up messaging.