Sebbahoerric dermatitis

I have a sticky dandruff problem.for the last 2 year. Of late it increased enormously. Losing chunks of hai everyday literally and can see bald patches. Consulted a doc,she gave vitamin tablets,vichy shampoo and topisal 3% lotion.But its not working at all.Dandruffs clinged to hair roots.whenever hair comes out the tip of the fallen hair is fully white bulb type. Please help..I don't want to be bald.

Doctor Answers (2) on Sebbahoerric dermatitis

Dr. Meeta Desai Ahmedabad | Dermatologist
Start using antidandruff shampoo. Your dermatologist may give you oral antibiotics if required. Have ample water and sleep.
Severe dandruff could indicate dandruff itself which is significant or can indicate beginning of some other skin condition like Seborrheic dermatitis or Scalp psoriasis. It is also important to prevent their relapse once you have got it cured.
using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo at-least for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment and to rule out any other skin condition