Sebaceous Cyst
Hello! I wanted to know whether a sebaceous cyst compulsorily needs to be taken out using surgery and whether there has to be stitches, or whether it is better to use hot compress and drain it? I am struggling to find a female surgeon who can give me an appointment in Mira rd east. The one at Wockhardt keeps cancelling appointments.

Dr. Nitin G Barde
Dermatologist 11 yrs exp Nagpur

See sebaceous if increasing in size or causing any discomfort should be removed. If it is bigger stitches need to be placed. Hot compress can relieve up from pain. But it won't go on its own. If it is inflamed then you need antibiotics and cool down period of about 3-4 weeks and then get it removed surgically.