chest-icon

Scars on Lungs

I have suffered from TB 22 years back , when i was of 3 years it has left a scar on my lungs which i was not aware about, recently i had a medical test as i had being shortlisted for confirmed job in Kuwait, unaware of my scars i went in for My medicals and i was declared medically unfit. again i have received a job offer from saudi arabia. and i font want to miss this opportunity. so is there any process to minimize the scars on lungs. it is very light and only 2 spots of them can be seen through on X-ray. please advise any treatment to minimize the scars so that it doesn't shows up on X-ray. Thanks in Advance !!!

Doctor Answers (1) on Scars on Lungs

Dr. Amruth Sindhu Bangalore | Pulmonologist
Hi. I understand your concerns. Scars in skin from past injury do not go away similarly scar due to old tuberculosis in lungs also do not go away and there is no treatment for same. You can get sputum test done and consult pulmonologist for the same. Hope your questions were answered. thanks.