Scar problem

I'm having scars on my face. My doctor suggest me to do chemical peel. But I'm afraid. Is it really safe?. Will it create any problems in the future? and is there any modalities available( Cream, Gel). Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Scar problem

Dr. Vijay Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hi Best approach for treatment of acne scars is combination of different treatment modalities like Chemical peel, Co2 Laser, Microneedle Radiofrequency and scars surgeries. It also depends on your skin type and severity of acne scars. There are no permanent side effects of these treatments if performed by qualified and experienced dermatologist. Redness, slight swelling and temporary darkening of skin are expected side effects. You also need to be patient to see the visible appreciable results. Follow post procedure instructions given by your dermatologist. Regards Dr Vijay Adhe Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic Pune