Scalp pimple

My Scalp has suddenly come up with pimple which is paining please suggest me what to do. If I touch also it pains.
views-icons 57 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Scalp pimple

doctor profile image
Dr. Rajdeep
8 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Dermatologist

INR 400 for 24 hrs

You are suffering from scalp folliciculitis. You will need a course of antibiotics like doxycycline for about 1 to 3 months. It is an infection of the hair roots. It tends to recurr and you must be put on some sort of maintainence. Not much is known about why it comes, but it is not a type of infection that spreads from other people or to other people. It is related to oily scalp and dandruff in some cases. It tends to come on and off for upto a year in most of the patients I have seen. But they generally respond very well to treatment. Please visit a dermatologist for prescription of the medicines. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?