Scalp pain and hairfall

Sometimes i feel pain in my scalp and suffer from huge amount of hairfall. I also suffer from dandruff. My hair is dry and rough. Please suggest what to do.
views-icons 60 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Scalp pain and hairfall

Hi. Greetings. Sore scalp could be the result of Seborrhoea / folliculitis/ sebopsoriasis/ rosacea of scalp etc. One of the easiest way of dealing with these is use of an antifungal shampoo under prescription. Hair loss could be because of associated scalp conditions, or early onset androgenetic alopecia, and recent illness or other causes. See a qualified dermatologist in your city. You'll need scalp and hair care serums/lotions for good relief and hair fall can be controlled with treatment. There are lots of newer advanced therapies. You could send me snaps/ other queries on follow up chat. Warm regards, Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Excel care hospital, Bangalore.
Pain in scalp is an unusual complaint. Dandruff or seborrheic capitis is extremely common condition but most of the time over the counter medications fail to treat the condition completely. Kindly visit your Dermatologist who will be able to assess your problem thoroughly. Meanwhile you can try using a shampoo containing ketoconazole +zpto.