Scalp folliculitis

I have been suffering from scalp folliculitis. I consult with dermatalogist and he said that it is due to bacterial infection which can transmit through nose nostril and passage to head. The shape of bump is oval and white in nature. When i take medicine and cream then the follicullits disappear and i take it for more than 1 week. Then i came to end up the medicine.then.the same problem has been arrived. The newly bump has been formed on entire scalp. What i can do now. I donot to get addict of medicine. There is anything other method to disappear scalp follicullitis.

Doctor Answers (1) on Scalp folliculitis

Scalp follicultis should resolve to antibiotics. Sometimes fungal follculitis is the cause and anti-fungals helps. A good way is to get a pus cultre and sensitivity done to identify the exact causative organism and treat accordingly. A decolonisation regimen exist and your doctor for the details to prevent recurrences.