Ringworm Issue

How do I get rid of ringworm? I have been having ring worm one on my arm & other under my breast (latter due to sweat)

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Please visit a dermatologist and kindly do not use any creams directly from the pharmacy without prescription. The rise of resistant ring worm infections is on the rise and using creams without a consultation from a dermatologist is worsening the situation. Till you see a dermatologist you could do the following: Change your clothes and undergarments 2 times a day since they get damp because of the sweating and that increases the fungal infection.
Dr. Rashmi Shinde
Dermatologist 3 yrs exp Mumbai

Ringworm is a type of fungal infection. It tends to increase in summer due to increased sweating. There are antifungal creams like miconazole, terbinafine, oxiconazole for treating ringworm. The duration of application varies according to the site of involvement. In case of multiple site involvement, even oral antifungals might be required. Moreover, it is very important to keep the area dry as far as possible to prevent reinfection.