Ringworm in Thigh
I am suffering from ringworms on my inner thighs for the last two month. I ignored this problem initially, now I felt itching has started increasing. I applied anti fungal cream (quadriderm) which I found ineffective. Please help.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to misdiagnosis and wrong treatment with OTC medications. To add to the problem, many combination tubes are easily available in market and there is no regulation on the sale. They make the fungal infection a permanent problem though it may provide temporary relief. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are co-prescribed many a times to treat this complicated fungal infection. If needed a simple skin test can also be done to confirm the diagnosis. Till then use only over-the-counter anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
You can consult me on Practo Direct for personal recommendations as on public platforms, I cannot generate a prescription.