Ring worm

I had this problem of tinea cruris I.e ring worm few years back and I took itraconazole 100 mg aft consulting a doctor. Now the problem is back again and its spreading fast.what should I do?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Further queries / photos/ appointment request may be sent on follow up chat . Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Bangalore