Rhinoplasty
I have sinus problem.... I am willing to undergo Rhinoplasty....i am also allergetic to dust.... So are there any side effects?

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

Rhinoplasty is a purely plastic surgical aesthetic correction of the external nasal framework. You on the other hand MAY NEED ( to be confirmed with CT scans of your paranasal sinuses) endoscopic nasal & sinus surgery to straighten your crooked nasal septum and widen the passages to your sinus entrances so that medications in the form of nasal sprays can reach every sinus corners to heal your nose. This is a series of microsurgical procedures done by ENT, Head & Neck Surgeons. Rhinoplasty on the other hand will worsen your problems as the plastic surgeon will further narrow an already compromised airway!