Rheumatoid arthritis
My grandmother have RA for long time.Right knee joint pain havey x ray report shows that more damage in right knee and left knee just starting position. We see him doctor before but they give only pain control medicine. As per my knowledge RA is progressive disease. So doctor pls help us What should we do know. Is my grandmother needs surgery.

Greetings, sorry about your concern. Rheumatoid arthritis can be stopped if not cured.  Before looking at knee just look for inflammatory markers to see the current status of RA. Knee surgery is not always the solution right away. If you can send the x ray for me to look through will definitely help to identify how can you decide on surgery or just exercise. Lab tests to check inflammatory markers are CRP HIGH,  CRP LOW, VITAMIN D 3 AND HOMOCYSTINE LEVEL
good well planned diet will help cure rheumatoid arthritis.  get assistance from a physiotherapist who is expert in postural correction.
.  Remember rheumatoid arthritis is not an progressive disease or an autoimmune disease,  it is just poorly managed digestive system problem. if you are serious about getting knee problem solved and cure rheumatoid arthritis contact me for further assistance. tx
If the knee is extensively damaged by RA, then the best option would be to get a knee replacement done. However,  as RA is a systemic problem you need appropriate meds to keep it under control.
Visit an ortho surgeon to know if she's a candidate for knee surgery and a rheumatologist to get the right meds. Simple pain meds are insufficient.
Encourage her to walk. Apply cold packs to the knee when the knee feels hot to touch.
Totally agree with Dr Baruah.
Above.