cardiologist-icon
Reumatic heart problem
I have reumatic heart problem from childhood and penidure 12 lac every 21 day . But I didn't take for 5 years and now I have some problems like heart rate is always near to 90 or above and got tired in less time. Is there any medicine instead of injection that I take regularly

Dr. Anand Nadkarni
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon 18 yrs exp Pune

Penedure or oral penicillin is to prevent further attacks of rheumatic fever. It is recommended till age 40. It doesn't affect existing disease. If you are symptomatic please get an Echo done to assess the valve functions . Intervention / surgery if need be.