About heart
My father having 80/. Block in heart wat should we do either we have to go for open heart surgery or can go for medicines
219 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Ganesh Nallur Shivu
Interventional Cardiologist 16 yrs exp Bangalore
It depends on the number and severity of blocks. Multiple blocks are usually treated with bypass surgery (open heart surgery). However, if suitable angioplasty can also be done for multiple blocks. Medical treatment is an option if he is not that symptomatic. It will be useful if you provide the actual report of angiography.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?