Rest time after Lasik
Hello , my age is 22. I am going to join a software company in a month . Now I want to have lasik surgery . So I want to know whether it is the correct time as I have to work for minimum 10 hours infront of computers?? Is 15-20 days rest enough???

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. One week rest is enough 2. Keep using lubricating eyedrop after surgery
Dr. Nandini Chandak
Cataract and Refractive Surgeon 8 yrs exp Kolkata
Lasik is a safe and painless procedure with minimal rest period of 1day to maximum 1week depending on the type of Lasik you undergo. If all your other parameters corneal thickness, keratometry and retina condition are great you can go ahead with Lasik anytime
Y Siva Kumar
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 28 yrs exp Hyderabad
Yes, most likely, you will be fine. Depending on which type of LASIK you are opting for, the recovery period ranges from 1 day to 1 week. You will have to use eye drops for at least 1 month during the recovery period. Go ahead, if all parameters are fine in your scan & retina evaluation, you can enjoy perfect vision.