Remove stitches scars

I met with an accident last month and got three stitches on the left side of my face. It has left a half inch scar which looks like a cut filled with colour darker than my skin. I am using coconut oil but it is not helping me much. Request your help in this

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Scars are amenable to various treatment options and it has to be customized based on your scar type. The treatment depends on the duration of scar and ability to follow-up. The advance treatment option includes Fractional CO2 lasers in multiple sessions and is currently the procedure of choice. Other options include dermaroller with or without mesotherapy, subcision and some other procedure. Certain patient benefit when oral medications are given concomitantly. Topical creams may be of little use and will supplement laser treatment.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Apply Sunscreens regularly.