Remove burn mark.

I have a burn mark on my left hand in the shape of 'S'. It was made by someone else around 3 years back with cigarette. It looks very odd and unpleasant. I have tried using skin creams for burns like mederma and some others also but it made it more dull . I want it to be removed in most efficient manner as soon as possible. Please advice me.

Doctor Answers (2) on Remove burn mark.

. Greetings.. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks if the mark is darker than the surrounding skin - to make it less conspicuous. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the mark. For -altered skin texture and atrophic scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or a combination of these. Send in snaps of your scar on follow up chat if you need further assistance. Or see a qualified dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps. Warm regards
Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hello, the appearance of scar mark can be effectively improved with for laser treatment or PRP or Injections ( for raised scar). Kindly visit a qualified dermatologist to know what will be best suitable treatment for your scar. It is better to avoid OTC creams as they may contain steroids which can eventually worsen the scar. Regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Pune