immune-system-icon
Regarding Immunizations
Hi I am going to USA for my graduate education and I have to fulfill immunization requirements. University has recommended following vaccines that need to be taken: 1. Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) 2. MMR (Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella) 3. Varicella (chicken pox) 4. Meningococcal Conjugate (MCV4) I need to know which of them I would have already taken during my chilhood (as per vaccines taken by an infant in India during childhood) and there is no need to take them again. If I have would have already taken any vaccine then I will proceed for titers to proof my immunity and I guess there is no need to take them again. Your help is really appreciated. Thanks

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 18 yrs exp Chennai

You would have taken 1 and 2
Hello... DTP, MMR would have given in childhood according to IAP schedule , varicella might not be given , if you had history of chicken pox in your childhood , you need not to take vaccine as it gives life long immunity, meningococcal vaccine is not under IAP schedule , so you get vaccination for that .....

Typhoid immunization side effects