Regarding Dog and Rabies

Dear sir mem kindly read my whole problem in details. Sir i was going through a village road,as it was a raining day so their was water in the road,a truck was coming from front n it crossed over the water due to that some parts of that road water sprayed on my legs,their was a little cut on my leg of 2-3days earlier,but it was covered by black skin and i saw a dog was drinking other part of water on the road,so i got worries if the dog has also drunk the same water that sprayed on me,So my question is That (i).because the water touched my legs and their was old little wound of 2-3days earlier so Can i get rabies?? (ii)Should i have to take vaccine?? If yes then how many vaccines?? (iii)Earlier i have taken 12vaccine of Rabies from 2008-2012,so if i again take vaccine will there be any side effect or reaction????   TODAY I VISITED TO A LOCAL MD DOCTOR HE SAID NO NEED TO TAKE VACCINE IT WILL EFFECT YOUR IMMUNITY SO FORGET ABOUT IT N RELAX. SIR/MEM PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT SHOULD I DO

Doctor Answers (1) on Regarding Dog and Rabies

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I have gone through your querie in detail and I would suggest you to calm down and relax first and I want to assure you that you will get rabies only when get contact with rabid animal... And in your case you do not know weather the dog is rabies infected or healthy and when dog saliva mixes with water it gets diluted and part of it has fallen on your wound so if you had washed the wound immediately with soap and water nothing to worry... Since you have taken vaccination earlier I guess you can relax as you will have antibodies in your body already... If you further details Consult nearest physician they will do the needful.